It’s no secret that I love Christmas cards! I’ve been looking around for ideas for this year because this year is going to be extra special. This year’s Christmas card will include a new member of the family! I’m thinking it will be perfect to have a combination Christmas card/birth announcement since our little girl will be born sometime in November. So crazy to think we’ll have a baby girl so soon!
The past couple years I have sent Shutterfly cards, and I have been so happy with them! They just added a bunch of new Holiday Cards for this year, and there are so many great options that it will be hard to decide which one to use! Check out their special offers page to see what is available right now. I love the great offers they have going on on a regular basis.
Here are some of my favorites I’ve seen from this year’s selection:
*This is a sponsored post.
I’m back…for Five on Friday. I have so many things I want to write about, so I thought this would be easiest to get back to blogging with.
1. It has been so warm this week! In the 70s the 2nd week of March, in Minnesota? What??? A forecast of 75 for both today and tomorrow! The dog is happy. The students at work are happy (and already wearing way too short shorts). The neighbors are out and chatting. We are going to be able to sit around a fire in our yard tonight and not freeze!
2. It’s Friday and everyone at work is especially happy this Friday because our boys basketball team won the big game last night and moves on to the state finals! They haven’t done that in a few years, so that makes it even more exciting. It’s all anyone is talking about around here.
3. We’re having a lunch meeting today and ordering Broders, so I will finally get to eat something from there after only hearing about it for a long time! According to their website, they are going to be on Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives in one month. Fun!
4. Trev and I went out for dinner last night with one of his co-workers and her husband and we had such a fabulous time! I love being around people who are so positive, open, and are great at making conversation. We ate dinner in our neighborhood at Victory 44. We ordered a bunch of things and shared them all, and pretty much everything was delicious. What a wonderful evening!
5. Did you know you can find me blogging my Project 365 (+1- leap day) with my cousin Jen over at http://karinjen365.wordpress.com/? Each week we pick a different theme to base our photos on, and it’s really see the differences between my photos- life in MN, working, with no kids vs. Jen’s photos- life in AZ, home with kids. Good stuff!
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend. 🙂
Hello 2012! Hello to a new year with one job, plans for trips, a 7-week summer break. Hello to a new year with hope and possibility. Hello 2012, hello!
*Working a temp job that brought me two assignments
*Getting hired permanently by two different places, but in the end being in the right place.
*Meeting new people and making new friends
*Going on vacation, sick, to California that was windy and cold
*Our garage being broken into twice!
*Finally getting my A1C down below 7!!!
*Completing Project 365 and then mostly taking a break from taking photos and blogging very much.
*Cousins camping at Lake Carlos, even more this year than the last!
*Camping with my fam in beautiful Door County, WI
*A tornado making a mess of our part of the city
*A lot more texting
*A new car for Trevor
*A lot of grapefruit breakfasts
*A lot of good and bad days all mixed together
*A lot of love.
Life these past couple months: Vikings Broncos game at the MetroDome, work at the counseling office, Homecoming PepFest, Ugly Christmas Sweater party, Lefse making, Thanksgiving in Sheboygan. The days really fly by with this job and all the other stuff going on. I am working, singing in the choir, hanging out with family, friends, neighbors, and still not taking the time to be creative and make stuff. My house is not organized like I like it. My closet’s been driving me crazy and I just pulled everything out and filled up a couple of bags of things I’m not putting back in. I’m way behind on all my Tivo’d shows except for a couple. It’s Christmas time and I don’t have any decorations up. But I am honestly happier than I was a year ago. Here’s to finding time, and to pretty please Lord Jesus not getting sick for Christmas this year! Love to you all, Kar.
We watch a lot of streaming Netflix and especially a lot of documentaries, and last night we watched a really fascinating film called “Life in a Day.” The imdb description is “A documentary shot by filmmakers all over the world that serves as a time capsule to show future generations what it was like to be alive on the 24th of July, 2010.” The movie includes scenes selected from 4,500 hours of footage in 80,000 submissions from 192 nations, submitted by people after a video was posted on youtube asking for sumissions. I did a little research and discovered that 75% of the movie was made through those submissions and the rest came from cameras that were sent out to the developing world so that the whole world would be represented. Very cool.
You can watch it on streaming Netflix, but it is also available on youtube! It is a really interesting look at just one single day, at the world, nature, people, life. I found it beautiful and inspiring. It really makes you think about what a huge world we live in, and it made us want to travel! It also caused Trevor to pause the movie several times to explain various aspects of photography to me! There are some amazing views and perspectives shown.
Life in a Day trailer
It’s that time of year! Tomorrow December is here. It’s hard to believe how fast the year has gone by, and how quickly winter is now here. December means Christmas is coming soon, and I LOVE Christmas cards. I love getting our mail every day and checking to see if there are any Christmas cards waiting for me from family and friends. It’s not even December and we’ve already received 3! I better get my act together so that I can send some out this year too.
I’ve been looking at the cards at Tiny Prints and there are so many great options! It’s hard to narrow it down to even a few because I really love the designs. In the past I have gotten some card samples from Tiny Prints and I love the quality and design options they have. I have never ordered my Christmas cards from them but I hope to this year. Here are a few of my favorite designs:
How fun are these??!! How do I decide?
The mix I made this week:
7. With Love / Elbow
13. Know How
/ Kings of Convenience feat. Feist
We have snow on the ground here now. From leaves to snow. It waited a little longer to come this year. It makes me want to make my home more cozy and to drink more tea. I bought a couple of my old faves, Tazo Wild Sweet Orange
and Tazo Refresh
. I’m always organizing and reorganizing, or at least always have plans to do so. I’m hoping to declutter our office and my closet, once again, soon. Happy to only work two days and then be spending time with family. Who doesn’t love this time of year?